Rayrun
โ† Back to Discord Forum

Publish which browser a test is targeting in CI

Has anyone here tried submitting your Playwright results to testmo via GitHub actions? I can't figure out a nice to submit which browser each test is targeting. Right now, the only way I've found is to put this in all my tests:

test('My test', async ({ page, browserName }) => {
  test.info().annotations.push({
    type: 'browser',
    description: browserName
  });

//..
});

But I would prefer if I could make it without manually setting an annotation in all my tests.

This thread is trying to answer question "How can one submit Playwright test results to Testmo via GitHub actions and indicate the browser being targeted without manually adding annotations to each test?"

2 replies

Hey! we're also using Testmo along with Playwright... we didn't send the browser though and I can't see anywhere to do it better than what you did here...

Maybe you can open an issue at: https://github.com/jonasclaes/playwright-testmo-reporter/tree/main

We just started using this lib and it does a good job imo

Yeah we are using that same lib, and it's nice, I will make sure to create an issue for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].