Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Playwright 1.40 What's new Tip of the Day

First, thank you @debbieobrien for the awesome announcement video. In the Tip of the Day segment, typescript-eslint.io is mentioned. Searching npm registry for that is not showing any promising results. How can I install the necessary package and configure linter settings?

This thread is trying to answer question "How can I install the necessary package and configure linter settings for typescript-eslint.io in Playwright 1.40?"

10 replies

Thank you!

/* eslint-env node */ module.exports = { extends: ['eslint:recommended', 'plugin:@typescript-eslint/recommended', 'plugin:@typescript-eslint/no-floating-promises'], parser: '@typescript-eslint/parser', plugins: ['@typescript-eslint'], root: true, };

Is this the correct configuration for eslintrc.cjs file?

Also, in its default config, typescript-eslint shows 2 errors in demo-todo-app.spec.ts:

429:66 error Unexpected any. Specify a different type @typescript-eslint/no-explicit-any 435:63 error Unexpected any. Specify a different type @typescript-eslint/no-explicit-any

maybe, looks ok

you need to enable the rule manually

Thank you, this is what I have now: /* eslint-env node */ module.exports = { extends: ['eslint:recommended', 'plugin:@typescript-eslint/recommended'], parser: '@typescript-eslint/parser', plugins: ['@typescript-eslint'], root: true, rules: { "@typescript-eslint/no-floating-promises": "error", "@typescript-eslint/no-misused-promises": "error" } };

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.