Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

`playwright install` is Hanging

I'm finding that any install of a playwright browser is failing when it gets to 90% downloaded on all my machines at the moment. Here's the DEBUG output I can see:

DEBUG=pw:install playwright install pw:install downloading Chromium 119.0.6045.9 (playwright build v1084) - attempt #1 +0ms Downloading Chromium 119.0.6045.9 (playwright build v1084) from https://playwright.azureedge.net/builds/chromium/1084/chromium-mac-arm64.zip pw:install running download: +2ms pw:install -- from url: https://playwright.azureedge.net/builds/chromium/1084/chromium-mac-arm64.zip +0ms pw:install -- to location: /var/folders/tx/gfl0tcws5c13n_b0s7p6jqbm0000gn/T/playwright-download-chromium-mac13-arm64-1084.zip +0ms pw:install -- response status code: 200 +527ms pw:install -- total bytes: 137426893 +0ms 131.1 Mb [=================== ] 95% 1.4s

Tried this with both the JS/Python versions and the same thing happens. I can download the build directly no problem. Anyone got any ideas why this might be?

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is the installation of a playwright browser failing when it gets to 90% downloaded?"

4 replies

playwright Install is Hanging

playwright install is Hanging

Changing to an older version, I find it cycles a whole bunch of download locations before ending with the following: 124.8 Mb [=================== ] 95% 1.2s pw:install attempt #2 - ERROR: Download failure, /Users/ian/Library/Caches/ms-playwright/chromium-1076/INSTALLATION_COMPLETE does not exist +27s

Update: It looks like the download of the browser were being corrupted. I've read somewhere on a thread this may be cdn related, so I downloaded to a remote machine in the US (I'm in the UK) and then scp'd that to my machine. After putting it where it's expected I'm finally able to use it.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.