Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

issues with webkit and linux mint

Hello, Linux mint works with chrome and firefox but I have issues with webkit. The only error displayed is [Error: browser.newPage: Target page, context or browser has been closed]

I checked the browser in the cache and I can see 2 folders in webkit-1967, minibrowser-gtk and minibrowser-wpe. Only the gtk minibrowser works. The other one has issues with Wayland:

** (MiniBrowser:362757): WARNING **: 15:42:03.844: WaylandEGLConnection: Could not connect to Wayland Display

** (MiniBrowser:362757): WARNING **: 15:42:03.844: WindowViewBackend: No Wayland EGL connection available

** (MiniBrowser:362757): WARNING **: 15:42:03.844: Failed to create WPE view backend

Package version: "@playwright/test": "=1.41.2",

Downloaded webkit version:

BEWARE: your OS is not officially supported by Playwright; downloading fallback build for ubuntu22.04-x64.
Downloading Webkit 17.4 (playwright build v1977) from https://playwright.azureedge.net/builds/webkit/1977/webkit-ubuntu-22.04.zip
85.4 MiB [====================] 100% 0.0s
Webkit 17.4 (playwright build v1977) downloaded to /home/my-user/.cache/ms-playwright/webkit-1977

Linux info:

Kernel: 6.5.0-15-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A
    Desktop: Cinnamon 6.0.4 Distro: Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
    base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Would someone have some ideas how to debug this? Thanks!

This thread is trying to answer question "How can one debug issues with Webkit on Linux Mint when encountering an error stating that the browser, page, context, or browser has been closed, and there are Wayland display connection problems?"

2 replies

BEWARE: your OS is not officially supported by Playwright You could try npx playwright install-deps which might work.

Thanks for the quick response! But I already installed all deps and they are with the latest versions

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].