Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Number of request different between Playwright and browser, and page size.

Hello,

I don’t understand why i have a number of request different between Playwright with Chromium and my browser.

When I open the Web developer console, in the Network tab I can see 92 requests 1.2 MB transfered.

By with Playwright with Chromium, I only count 30 requests.

Below is my code and I attache a picture of the Web developer console.

I tried to calculate the size of the home page with 2 different methods intercept_response() intercept_requestfinished() I don’t have the same result with theses methods as I have in a real brower. I’m doing it in the wrong way ?

Thanks

######################################## from playwright.sync_api import sync_playwright import time

full_size = 0 requests_nb = 0

def intercept_response(response): global full_size, requests_nb size = len(response.body()) print(response.headers_array()) print(response) full_size += size requests_nb += 1

def intercept_requestfinished(request): global full_size, requests_nb sizes = request.sizes() print(request.url + " " + str(sizes)) full_size += sizes['responseBodySize'] + sizes['requestHeadersSize'] requests_nb += 1

with sync_playwright() as p: browser = p.chromium.launch_persistent_context( "", headless=False, user_agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.6045.21 Safari/537.36" ) browser = p.chromium.launch() page = browser.new_page() page.set_viewport_size({"width": 1920, "height": 1080}) # Maximum time in milliseconds page.set_default_timeout(10000)

# page.on("response", intercept_response)
page.on("requestfinished", intercept_requestfinished)
page.goto('https://www.bureau-traduction.eu')

time.sleep(1)
page.screenshot(path="gtp.png")

page.remove_listener("requestfinished", intercept_requestfinished)
browser.close()

print("Full size : " + str(full_size)) print("Requests : " + str(requests_nb))

Capture.PNG

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is there a difference in the number of requests and page size between Playwright with Chromium and a regular browser?"

1 reply
refactoreric

Hi, my guess is that you may not be waiting long enough for all the requests to be made and to get finished.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.