Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Timeout issues with CI/CD while running using --project=firefox

Ashish Vishnoiposted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord
Ashish Vishnoi
Ashish Vishnoi

I'm facing a weird issue with default timeout not applied while running in CI/CD pipeline using GitHub Actions and it just takes the default timeout 30000ms, also am using 2 project configuration for chromium and firefox. <#1054804523652231198>

20231019_101214.jpg

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is the updated default timeout not being applied when running CI/CD pipeline using GitHub Actions, despite being set in the playwright.config.ts file?"

5 replies
refactoreric

Hi, I don't understand your issue. You are saying "default timeout not applied" and at the same time "it just takes the default timeout".

Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do and what issues/symptoms you are experiencing? What are the precise errors you are getting?

Ashish Vishnoi
Ashish Vishnoi

Ohh sorry, I mean the updated default time not applied, I'm providing 90000 in playwright.config.ts but it takes what the default value of default/global timeout I should say

Ashish Vishnoi
Ashish Vishnoi

So if the actionTimeout, timeout and navigationTimeout are not working if the page actions are used in globalSetup.ts as that is not inside a test? Is that can be a problem?

Ashish Vishnoi
Ashish Vishnoi

I've timeout value updated in playwright.config.ts while logging in it fails with TimeoutError: locator.waitFor: Timeout 30000ms exceeded That 30000ms how to increase it so it works outside the test method as well

Ashish Vishnoi
Ashish Vishnoi

Uhhh find the solution, am using POM object inside globalSetup.ts and that is not a test so timeout configuration doesn't work for it, so I had to setDefaultTimeout for the page instance of POM object used in globalSetup.ts

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].