Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Playwright cannot find an import in the cached file

This error has already been encountered by 3 QAs on the project. We run the tests locally, and to fix this error, we have to delete the file. Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/var/folders/vc/2wlfc9bn7rlfv6f5hkhw_z3c0000gn/T/playwright-transform-cache-501/61/TutorProfileProfessionalExperiencePage_61d730f56d3905e9625718b1de8490f4094918c2.js'

image.png

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is Playwright unable to find an import in the cached file and how can this issue be resolved?"

6 replies

Our team has been running into this issue today as well.

For what it's worth, this seems to only be in 1.38.1. I downgraded to 1.37.1 and don't have the issue.

Please open ticket it will help pw team

I'm not clear what triggered the problem or would have logged an issue in the repo. I'll try to keep an eye out in case it happens again. For now, deleting that old cache dir has resolved the issue.

I'll create a ticket once I can reproduce it. For now, I deleted the folder and re-installed all node packages.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.