Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

artifacts too large?

hi I think my artifacts are too large, after the 1.38 update. I'm using gitlab.com which should have Artifacts maximum size (compressed) of 1 GB. I even changed my config to:

video: 'off',

Is there a way to find out how large the artifacts are? Or did I just reached the limit?

Uploading artifacts for failed job
02:04
Uploading artifacts...
e2e/playwright-report/: found 159 matching artifact files and directories 
e2e/test-results/: found 311 matching artifact files and directories 
ERROR: Uploading artifacts as "archive" to coordinator... 413 Payload Too Large  id=5154926183 responseStatus=413 Payload Too Large status=413 token=64_-xyWC
FATAL: too large                                   ```

This thread is trying to answer question "How can I find out how large my artifacts are and have I reached the limit?"

9 replies

How many tests are running?

about 700

Hm, if 100+ fails then I guess it's somewhat appropriate size. Traces are quite heavy. Zipping does not help much because traces are zips already.

You can try disabling screenshots and sources for traces for example, that might cut the size but with 1gb limit you might still encounter issues.

"Is there a way to find out how large the artifacts are?"

not easily

Thanks reducing what's included in the Traces helped me to reduce each trace size about from 5 MiB to 2 MiB

are you storing any other type of reports? This would also add to the size considerably

oh great point! I've got: reporter: 'html'

I probably should change it in CI env?

Hm, html report itself (index.html) consumes roughly >10mb so it's not a big deal. However, html report copies all traces, videos and screenshots as well. So if you're saving html report and traces separately then it will take a lot of storage. But if you were using traces from html report then it's ok.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.