Rayrun
โ† Back to Discord Forum

Could context tracing include the video recording?

nullptrerrorposted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord

๐Ÿ‘‹ Hey everyone,

I've been using Playwright for .NET in conjunction with NUnit for my end-to-end tests. I've set up my base test class to handle browser interactions, video recordings, and trace exports. Here's a snippet of my setup:

namespace NUnit_E2E;

[AllureNUnit]
public class PageTest
{
    [SetUp]
    public async Task BaseSetup()
    {
        await Context.Tracing.StartAsync(new()
        {
            Screenshots = true,
            Snapshots = true,
            Sources = true,
        });
    }

[TearDown]
    public async Task BaseTearDown()
    {
        await Context.Tracing.StopAsync(new()
        {
            Path = tracingFilename
        });
    }
}

I have a few questions:

Is it possible for the trace to include a video recording? I've noticed that the trace provides a lot of valuable information, but having a video recording integrated would be a game-changer for debugging purposes.

Has anyone tried integrating the trace with Allure reports? I'm currently adding video recordings and traces as attachments to my Allure reports, but I'm wondering if there's a more streamlined way to do this.

When I inspect the trace, I noticed that the JavaScript sources aren't available, but I can see the C# source code. Is this normal behavior or am I missing something in my configuration?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! ๐Ÿ™

Footnote: I'm using the following packages:

Microsoft.Playwright NUnit.Framework Allure.Net.Commons NUnit.Allure.Attributes NUnit.Allure.Core

This thread is trying to answer question "Is it possible for the trace to include a video recording? Has anyone tried integrating the trace with Allure reports? Why aren't the JavaScript sources available when inspecting the trace?"

2 replies

Hey @nullptrerror, we're building a test recorder at https://dashcam.io and I think we could help you out. Does it look useful?

Dashcam can be deployed on the backend for automated tests.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.