Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Looks like Playwright Test or Playwright was just installed or updated

What is meaning of the following message? How can I prevent it from failing my tests? ╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗ ║ Looks like Playwright Test or Playwright was just installed or updated. ║ ║ Please run the following command to download new browsers: ║ ║ ║ ║ npx playwright install ║ ║ ║ ║ ❤️ Playwright Team ║ ╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thanks!

This thread is trying to answer question "What does the message mean after installing or updating Playwright Test or Playwright and how can I prevent it from failing my tests?"

5 replies
insane_rookstar
insane_rookstar

It means Playwright or Playwright Test was just installed or updated. You have to run the following command to download new browsers.

insane_rookstar
insane_rookstar

You can add it to your CI pipeline.

@insane_rookstar Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way to skip this test and just run with the current version install on the machine?

pin playwright versions and you won't have this problem unless you will manually upgrade version

Thanks!

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.