Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

How to attach chrome://inspect debugger to tests? Anything similar to jest's runInBand?

How do you attach an actual interactive debugger to the running test? (Not just using Playwright's own --debug debugger which is still missing a lot of things like jumping around stack frames, introspecting variables, stepping through non-PW code, interactive REPL, etc.)

And/or, any way to have the test be executed directly in the top-level process, and thus be able to work with node's repl module?

This thread is trying to answer question "How do you attach an actual interactive debugger to the running test and is there a way to execute the test directly in the top-level process to work with node's `repl` module?"

1 reply

What I do is use intellij and its debugger, I just start test in intellij debug mod(not playwright debug)

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.