Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Problem in "After hook" part of the test

RandomAutomatorposted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord
RandomAutomator

Hi every one, I have got a little problem about the generation of the report after the execution of my test. The project is OK and my co workers dont have the problem. When I launch the command npx playwright test <name of the test>, the test is executing but even if its passed or failed, I have to do Ctrl + C so as to launch a new command and in my "test-result" folderI only have a folder named ".playwright-artifacts-0" but my html report is not generated. Does someone have an idea ? Thanks for the help

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is the HTML report not being generated after test execution and why is there an error in the 'After hooks' part of the test?"

4 replies
RandomAutomator

Problem with the generation of the HTML report

RandomAutomator

Problem in "After hook" part of the test

RandomAutomator

Hello every one, I have a problem that my co workers don't have on a project that's why I think its a problem of settings. My problem is that when I run a test, the test goes untill the end but the process seems to continue (even if the test is flagged as "passed") and in the html report there is an error on "After hooks" but when I deploy the "After hooks" part there is no error. Does someone have an idea ?

RandomAutomator
image.png
image.png

Answer

Troubleshooting HTML Report Generation in @playwright/test

If your HTML report isn't being generated after running tests, there could be a few reasons why. Let's walk through some possible causes and solutions.

Check Your Configuration

First, ensure your reporter is correctly set in your playwright.config.ts file. You should specify the correct output folder for the report. Here's an example:

import { defineConfig } from '@playwright/test';

export default defineConfig({
  reporter: [['html', { outputFolder: 'my-report' }]],
});

Verify Dependencies

Next, make sure you have all necessary dependencies installed. You can find a list of required packages in the Playwright documentation or your package.json file.

Address Test Failures

Test failures or errors can prevent the generation of the HTML report. If there are any issues with your tests, fix them and rerun the tests.

Check File Permissions

You also need sufficient permissions to write files in the specified output folder. Ensure you have write access to this directory.

Ensure Stable Internet Connection

Finally, network connectivity issues can affect the generation of the HTML report. Make sure your internet connection is stable.

If you've checked all these areas and you're still having issues, please provide more specific details about the problem, including any error messages or logs. This will help us assist you further.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.