Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Using Playwright with axe-core for accessibility compliance testing

Hi There,

I wanted to see if anyone has experience working with Playwright and axe-core for accessibility compliance testing.

Here some questions that I have.

Would we have the ability on our end to configure/customize the validation to a) check against all Level AA guidelines b) and only specific Level AAA guidelines?

Does Playwright have the ability to create and run custom rules? (For example to screen out false positives)

Will Playwright fully integrate with any dev environment? Wagtail, form.io

Does Playwright include APIs so that you can run automated accessibility tests alongside other automated unit tests (CI/CD/CLI integration)?

Would you be able to describe how Playwright is integrated to the pipeline?

Does Playwright allow for both linting and self written tests?

Does Playwright have the ability to test and validate for keyboard only interactions, if so to what extent?

Does Playwright have the ability to test multi page dynamic forms? Does it integrate with form.io?

Does Playwright have the ability to create and integrate scripts for user flow testing?

Does Playwright have the ability to test keyboard only interaction and navigation within, for example, a calendar widget or a modal window?

Will Playwright return detailed information on accessibility violations and how to fix them? Will it provide a report with issues that can easily be shared with other engineers or non-engineers? What type of format would the report be in?

Does Playwright trigger false positives?

Does Playwright have APIs that can integrate into CMS publishing workflows such as Wagtail?

Any feedback you may have would be super helpful.

Thanks so much

Christina Lutz-Hatfield Digital Services | City and County of San Francisco

This thread is trying to answer question "Does anyone have experience with using Playwright and axe-core for accessibility compliance testing and can answer a series of questions related to its features and capabilities?"

0 replies

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.