Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Component Testing - Snapshot?

Hello. We're looking at introducing Unit/Component testing to our app. We have set up e2e with Playwright, and looking at using it for Component testing too. I've set it up, all is working. However I wanted to know, is snapshot testing available for component testing in a similar way it is with Jest? The online documentation I believe only show the e2e testing snapshots where you are comparing it to a previous snapshot but using Page for a link rather than a mount.

Using React 17.

This thread is trying to answer question "Is snapshot testing available for component testing in a similar way it is with Jest? And how can component tests be added to the Test Explorer?"

1 reply

I also have a second question. Currently when running Test Explorer, i can see my end to end testing which is in the test file. How can i add my component tests which are in individual folders? In the ct config, I've got it in the /src folder which is where the components are, so when i run the command for component testing, it works. but I can't do the same tests (And hence debugger mode) on the vs code

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.