Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

jammy InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not availab

sdnode2021

jammy InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY

I am getting the above error when creating a new docker image from v1.36.0-jammy

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:v1.36.0-jammy RUN apt update RUN apt install -y python3 python3-pip

It happens at the "RUN apt update" command.

Interestingly, i don't get this error when using FROM mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:next

Reason i need to do RUN apt update is because i need to install python , to run some tools when the playwright tests run.

Any advice on how to resolve it ? I did a google search for above error and came across: https://chrisjean.com/fix-apt-get-update-the-following-signatures-couldnt-be-verified-because-the-public-key-is-not-available/ But this doesnt solve my problem as i can't run sudo commands on the CI agent that i use to create the new docker image.

This thread is trying to answer question "How can the 'jammy InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY' error be resolved when creating a new docker image from v1.36.0-jammy?"

0 replies

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.