Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Retries option doesn't work in CI

Hi, I'm a little bit confused. Please help me clarify how to handle the retries function. In the config file, I set up

workers: 1, retries: process.env.CI ? 2 : 0, use: { browserName: 'chromium', } CI = true I expect that after I'll launch it in CI it will work in the next scenario. If a test case is failed then new retries will be launched and if test scenario is passed successfully then playwright starts to work with the next case. However, I see that test case is completed 3 times even if everything is fine. I would really appreciate if you can give me a clue. Screenshot is attached. p.s the issue isn't reproducible locally. Playwright version is 1.31.2 nodejs v. 18

Screenshot_2023-07-10_at_16.38.20.png

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is the retries function running the test case 3 times even if the test case is successful when launched in CI?"

0 replies

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.