Rayrun
โ† Back to Discord Forum

What exactly is mcr.microsoft.com/playwright for?

cswdi_62859posted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord

I have trouble understanding what the image actually is for. I have a laravel project where I managed to use playwright, but only if I installed playwright in an already existing node.js server.

So basically my question is this: When using this image, do I still need to install playwright or does it really include everything to run my tests?

And how can I use the image if I allready have tests written, do I have to copy them into the container?

I'm missing a good guide explaining this all to me ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

This thread is trying to answer question "Does the mcr.microsoft.com/playwright Docker image include Playwright, or does it need to be installed separately?"

5 replies
insane_rookstar
insane_rookstar

If you dont have the supported OS then you need to use Docker image

insane_rookstar
insane_rookstar

You can use the container as agent in your CI.

Is playwright installed inside that image or just the browsers? Couldn't find a playwright installation.

Only browsers and operating system dependencies. You need to install playwright with the package manager of choice yourself. E.g. npm

Thanks @mxschmitt , I got it now.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].