Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

Trace not attached to Allure report when trace=on-first-retry

jennifer0419posted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord
jennifer0419
jennifer0419

I use the Allure plugin to create Allure reports for Playwright tests. I noticed recently that the trace file isn't being attached to the test case when I have trace set to on-first-retry. It does work when it's set to on. It's in the test-results folder but doesn't get copied to allure-results. I think it's the same bug as https://github.com/allure-framework/allure-js/issues/694, but am going to do some more debugging to confirm before I chime in on it to confirm it's the Allure plugin.

Has anyone else noticed this, and do you have a workaround til there's a fix? I swear this worked in the past but maybe I'm misremembering.

This thread is trying to answer question "Why is the trace file not attached to the Allure report when 'trace' is set to 'on-first-retry' in Playwright tests?"

2 replies
jennifer0419
jennifer0419

Also, using the Playwright report isn't an option for CI, unfortunately. I would need to turn off CORS security settings to make them displayable in Jenkins, and I don't want to do that.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].