Rayrun
โ† Back to Discord Forum

Should I learn TyepeScript in order to write test?

chunlinzhouposted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord

Hi, I have lernt basic Java but have no knowledge in JavaScript or TypeScript. Can I write test with TypeScript? I have installed playwright extension in VsCode. ๐Ÿ˜€

This thread is trying to answer question "Can I write tests with TypeScript if I only have basic Java knowledge and no JavaScript or TypeScript experience?"

5 replies

Should you learn typescript to write playwright tests?

You don't have to because playwright supports several languages.

But new features tend to be available to javascript and typescript first. And typescript brings type safety, and thus prevents a whole type (see what I did there) of errors.

The type safety also applies to the Java bindings, so it's more about whether you want to use new features sooner, and are curious to learn a bit about typescript

Hope that helps

insidiousssss
insidiousssss

Writing test cases using TypeScript is no issue, but I have come to a problem where I had to create bunch of mjs files to run non-functional tests(performance metrics)

@insidiousssss: That's good to hear. I just focus on frontend test.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That's good to hear. I just focus on frontend test.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email [email protected].