Rayrun
← Back to Discord Forum

State of electron support on playwright?

Hi! I'd like to know what's the state of Playwright's support for Electron is - for example, is it stable? are there any major caveats?

The Electron page in the docs (https://playwright.dev/docs/api/class-electron/) seems to be pretty humble, but if I understand correctly Visual Studio Code uses it for testing, and I'd assume such an app would require a well-established tool (at least, if testing is indeed done on the desktop app and not a web version).

I'm completely new to this discord server as well as Playwright, so I'm sorry if this question is irrelevant/not in the right spot.

Thanks!

This thread is trying to answer question "What is the state of Playwright's support for Electron? Is it stable and are there any major caveats?"

2 replies

Is it stable? By definition its experimental. Is it usable? Absolutely, a lot of big clients out there us it, like VSCode etc. We did not introduce any breaking changes in the past and will continue to support it in the future.

Ok, sounds fair. Thanks a bunch!

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.