This thread is trying to answer question "How can I reduce the launch time of a browser when using Playwright?"
reportSlowTests should not affect browser launch duration. Maybe something else changed which slowed it down?
But now that I think of it, maybe that tiny change caused Playwright's Babel transpilation cache to be outdated, so Playwright will re-transpile everything again? Just guessing a bit. But if that's the issue I'd expect it to be a problem only once.
What version of Playwright are you using? Maybe worth trying to update to the latest (if not already using that)?
My tests also have a long delay. It is tied to the condition when playwright thinks that your page is loaded. in page.goto, you can use options.
in the options there is a waitUntil parameter. You can try changing it to domcontentloaded or load. it solved my problem. https://playwright.dev/docs/api/class-page#page-goto
With connectOverCDP test are running on already opened chrome browser https://playwright.dev/docs/api/class-browsertype#browser-type-connect-over-cdp
using Playwright 1.39.0 version and chrome browser. I have tried other website also and facing same issue. I didn't use anti virus software
Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org.