Rayrun
โ† Back to Discord Forum

There are no any requests in network tab for fixture that scope equal worker

content_crafterposted in #help-playwright
Open in Discord
content_crafter

Hi everyone, After updating Playwright from version 1.38 to 1.39, there are no request records in the network tab when the fixture has the scope option set to "worker" and auto set to true.

This thread is trying to answer question "Why are there no request records in the network tab when the fixture has the scope option set to 'worker' and auto set to true after updating Playwright from version 1.38 to 1.39?"

4 replies

Hi, I think that's expected. Worker scoped fixtures don't have access to the context or page fixtures. The context fixture is the one which is taking care of starting and finishing the trace recording.

If you are creating your own context and page (which you have to, in case of browser actions in a worker scoped fixture) , then you are running in a different context than what the actual tests are using.

If you need traces of the things happening in the worker-scoped fixture, you have to take care of that yourself. https://playwright.dev/docs/api/class-tracing

content_crafter

Thank you for the response. Have you made any changes in the latest release? In version 1.38, it was working fine. I also checked the release notes and didn't see any mention of the change, which is why I was surprised when our tests revealed a bug and I couldn't find any traces of it.๐Ÿ˜”

content_crafter

Sorry, one more question if you do not mind? Will I be able to merge all these traces into one using a new functionality "blob" or how I can attach it to the correct test suit ? Thank you in advance

refactoreric

Hi, I'm not one of the developers, so I sure didn't make any change in a release ๐Ÿ˜‰ Maybe I'm misinformed/maybe I was making wrong assumptions based on my understanding of how Playwright works. If it worked before, in v1.38, and stopped working in v1.39, then I think it's worth creating a GitHub issue.

Related Discord Threads

TwitterGitHubLinkedIn
AboutQuestionsDiscord ForumBrowser ExtensionTagsQA Jobs

Rayrun is a community for QA engineers. I am constantly looking for new ways to add value to people learning Playwright and other browser automation frameworks. If you have feedback, email luc@ray.run.